Ok, maybe more progress. I re-flashed the SPI NOR flash with new files from
the linux4sam website. Now I can see the serial terminal on the debug port
during boot. I can stop the boot process using U-Boot, and use U-Boot to
load a nuttx.bin image. This process is suggested in the board README.

But the system hangs when I execute the go command:

U-Boot 2019.04-linux4sam_6.2 (Oct 25 2019 - 00:36:06 +0000)

CPU: SAMA5D36
Crystal frequency:       12 MHz
CPU clock        :      528 MHz
Master clock     :      132 MHz
DRAM:  256 MiB
NAND:  256 MiB
MMC:   Atmel mci: 0, Atmel mci: 1
In:    serial@ffffee00
Out:   serial@ffffee00
Err:   serial@ffffee00
Net:
Error: ethernet@f0028000 address not set.
eth-1: ethernet@f0028000
Error: ethernet@f802c000 address not set.
, eth-1: ethernet@f802c000
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
=> mmc rescan
=> fatls mmc 0:1
            .Spotlight-V100/
  1658616   nuttx
   106620   nuttx.bin

2 file(s), 1 dir(s)

=> fatload mmc 0 0x20008000 nuttx.bin
106620 bytes read in 15 ms (6.8 MiB/s)
=> go 0x20008040
## Starting application at 0x20008040 ...

The README file says I should get a NuttX shell here instead of a hang.
Does anyone have any ideas how to debug?

cheers
adam

--
Adam Feuer <a...@adamfeuer.com>