Hopefully someone with technical writing skills will volunteer to read that email and start working on that document. If not, I'll do it, but it will
be delayed because I am completely swamped right now.

I think that the other people most active in the discussion are DavidS and myself, but feel that makes us both kind of tainted since we have profound disagreements.  My preference would be that some one with a little more distance wrote the document.

Having said that, I will volunteer to make a first cut effort at merging all the thoughts.  It will necessary include my preferences to fill in the glue logic and resolve conflicting recommendations.   I would say that if DavidS believes that I can do this fairly, I will do it.  Otherwise, we will want for someone else.

Certainly, anything I wrote would only be a straw man summary subject to further change.  If I am too far off, the price to be paid is only more haggling.  Let me know, I could have a straw man in place in one day or so.

I'm not sure if this was clear, I will not start work without concurrence from DavidS.

Greg