The primary place that I keep issue is in the TODO list file in the nuttx/ top-level directory.  That used to be a simple way for me to keep track of issues and has travel from CVS on SourceForge, to GIT on sourceforge, to Bitbucket (all issues were lost on each transition).  It was simple because I could just edit a .txt file and commit it.

But now the TODO list is not simple, it is not friendly, and it is not open.  I can not longer modify the TODO list without submitting a pull-request.  That is not worth the trouble (and I do have some issue updates that I want to make).  We need a user-friendly, open, management, project-level, single-point bug tracking system ASAP.
The TODO list is not a solution either.  It was also ignored.  Nor are github issues which will be ignored as well.  The solution is a process of project management.  Any tool for managing the text of the issue can be used.  All will be ignored with no process.