...  It is simply not following the NuttX coding standard.

Perhaps what you should do is also run the modified files through nxstyle.  nxstyle, like most tools, is imperfect but it is the yardstick we use to evaluating conformance to the coding standard now.  Certainly a first step would be to run your tool then run nxstyle immediately afterward.  nxstyle should not detect any problems if you are on the right track (currently, I think nxstyle would generate reams of complaints about the output).

If the generated code cannot make it through nxstyle, then it is not ready to be reviewed or considered in anyway.

Making it through nxstyle does not mean that the tools is working correctly, however.  There are many things not checked by nxstyle, but this would give you a starting point for getting these huge issues out of the way.  That would then be an appropriate time to review the remaining diffs.

Greg