On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 1:40 PM Abdelatif Guettouche
<abdelatif.guettou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alin,
>
> There are a few notes here [1] including the pre-Apache release checklist.
> However, for the "pre-release" process, what has been done for earlier
> releases is the following:
> 1. Agree on a date to create the release branches. (I suggest ASAP for this
> one)
> 2. Keep accepting PRs on master and only backport bugfixes to the
> release branches. (this soak period is usually 1 week)
> 3. Start the release process.
>
> The release process includes creating the release notes, cutting the
> first RC0 and calling for a vote.
> We have [2] for instructions on validating a staged release.

I can try to update the wiki with some of my notes from handling the
next few releases including some email templates.
One thing that I would recommend that you do now is make sure you have
a GPG key ready and add it to this file
https://downloads.apache.org/incubator/nuttx/KEYS
https://infra.apache.org/release-signing.html#keys-policy

You can find that file in the same SVN repository that is used for
uploading release artifacts.

If there is anything I can do to help here please let me know.

> Creating the release notes is what takes most of our time.  For the
> past releases working with a Github Project helped a lot and allowed
> us to collaborate effectively.  However, Brennan has a tool that
> automates most of this.  He used it in the latest release.

Happy to do this again if you want.  I think it does make the whole
process a lot faster.

--Brennan