Hello,

The correct syntax is:

.isramdata (NOLOAD) :  /*<- this is the segment name in the output, NOLOAD means that this segment is not to be initialized, like BSS, but the linker alread knows that BSS is NOLOAD*/
    {
        *(.isramdata)    /*<- this is the input sections from the relocatable object files*/
    } > isram

If you dont add names between the braces, no symbol from object files get included in this segment.

And you should not initialize the variable declaration.

Sebastien