Just to let you know, I tested the Z80 and it was broken:

https://acassis.wordpress.com/2022/01/14/testing-nuttx-rtos-on-z80-simulator/

As Mr. Greg commented in this post, the guilt was this commit:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/commit/67ec3d7926d871c515fb1a55a11da8630fe53649

If I go back to commit 554d56b8752119ade4411cde9dbc1dfc5fdb8ac0 (and
move apps repository to a commit around this date) the compilation
works:

$ ./tools/configure.sh z80sim:nsh
$ make menuconfig (maybe you need to remove some apps/ new directories
left behind)
$ make

Complete build log is here:
https://pastebin.com/raw/JMfXif3H

I tried to use the z80sim Release 1.37, Copyright (C) 1987-2021 by Udo
Munk, but it doesn't appear to run:

$ z80sim -z -x nuttx.hex

#######  #####    ###            #####    ###   #     #
     #  #     #  #   #          #     #    #    ##   ##
    #   #     # #     #         #          #    # # # #
   #     #####  #     #  #####   #####     #    #  #  #
  #     #     # #     #               #    #    #     #
 #      #     #  #   #          #     #    #    #     #
#######  #####    ###            #####    ###   #     #

Release 1.37, Copyright (C) 1987-2021 by Udo Munk

CPU speed is unlimited, CPU executes undocumented instructions
Loader statistics for file nuttx.hex:
START : 0000H
END   : FFFFH
LOADED: 0000H (0)

Op-code trap at 6edd: ed 19

PC   A  SZHPNC I  IFF BC   DE   HL   A'F' B'C' D'E' H'L' IX   IY   SP
6edf 6e 000000 00 11  e5dd 77de 6edd 7808 4f5e 2e17 c99e 0821 95d6 873b

Maybe this hex file need to be converted to .bin before executing, the
README.txt say nothing about the z80sim used (seems to exist more than
1 z80sim around) and don't say how to run it.

BR,

Alan