Hi,

Sounds like a good summary, and also a good improvement if implemented as described here and actually enforced.

May I suggest just a bit more documentation than just official release notes? For example, warnings in commit messages, so we get no nasty surprise after an innocent git pull? Additionally, something should be indicated when usual apps will be categorically incompatible, if possible?

Discussion about the status of the master branch is also interesting. how many breakage should we expect on this branch? Should that be a separate thread?

Sebastien