There is, indeed, a fee - $9.6k for an "adopter" member to declare "... any
new, changed, used or branded Bluetooth product". The declaration then allows
you to freely use the Bluetooth trademarks etc. Essentially it means you can
say to the world that your product uses Bluetooth and to use the logo etc.

I became an adopter member a few years ago as they had a 50% discount to that
fee for small companies. I designed in a Bluetooth module and was going to "do
it properly" and pay, as the fee (at that time) of just $4k was worth it. They
then withdrew that discount with zero notice.

I will now not fit module to the product, and plan to use USB Bluetooth modules
as that will not require me to declare the product - I would rather spend the
money (aka my time) to add that support to NuttX than line the SIG's pockets
with $10k. Call me stubborn, or foolish, if you like! It also saves $10 per
board by not fitting the module, and not everyone would want to make use of
Bluetooth with this product anyway, so it makes sense.

Wish I'd used WiFi instead...although, perhaps, there are similar costs with
the WiFi Alliance? Not looked.

And, as has been said, you do still need CE/FCC/etc, regardless.