On 4/25/23, Gregory Nutt <spudan...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Yes, using the Documentation/ as base to create a book is a good idea,
>> but it should focus on "OS Components" and "API Reference".
>
> I don't think that the documentation should be limited to simple HowTo
> and WhatIs documentation.  I think it should have some technical meat
> too!  Like explanations of how things work and why they work that way:
> Theory of Operation documents.
>
> I really like Zephyr's Documentation, for example:
> https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/index.html  .  There is quite a
> bit of meat there; something for everyone.

No, I meant the opposite, the Documentation/ is mostly focused on
Installations, HowTos, etc, it is better to be more technical.
Currently only "OS Components" and "API Reference" fit this criteria.

I think our online Documentation is evolving slowly but it is getting
a better shape, the Zephyr documentation you cited is better organized
and reach more features. We can walk on that direction.

It seems that their "PDF Handbook" is also based on their online
Documentation: https://docs.zephyrproject.org/2.7.4/zephyr.pdf

Question: How we can do better, even with smaller team / resources?
Ideas? ChatGPT is not an option here :-D

BR,

Alan