On 5/19/2023 10:25 AM, Lwazi Dube wrote:
Alan,

Can you summarize? I have not been following this PR. Is make going away?

Thanks,

-Lwazi

On Fri, 19 May 2023 at 11:47, Alan C. Assis <acas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

While PR #6718 is waiting to get merged, please take a look:

https://makefiletutorial.com

BR,

Alan

The decision to switch from GNU Make to CMake is highly controversial.  Many people are wildly in favor and a large number are strong opposed.  This is a change that must be brought before the PMC for a vote before any action is taken.

Special rules apply to code change votes.  We don't often do votes on code changes.  But such votes are critical in order to serve the community with fairness.