On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 7:17 PM Xiang Xiao wrote:
> The change doesn't replace Makefile with CMake, both can work. So I would
> suggest the vote is "Enable CMake support".

Isn't the goal of CMake to generate Makefiles?

What is the chance of keeping both makefiles and cmakefiles out of sync?

Wouldn't that double the work?

Wouldn't that imply switch to CMake anyways?

>From what I understand CMake can offer faster builds using different
build methods / systems, it could eliminate GNU Make vs BSD Make
problem, but also it will change whole build process, changes
frequently, etc..?

Such a big change needs good description.. risks.. clear list of
advantages and disadvantages :-)