No, as we pointed out, it is a long term project that needs to be well
thought out.

You listed many possibilities, we need to define a goal and focus on it.

Let me share my (bad) experience with FPGA:
Sometime ago I bought a low cost Tang Primer 20K board expecting to start
using open-source tools to program it (many places said it was supported).

Then when I installed the software I discovered that I need to download the
proprietary SDK and copy many files from it to get things working.

It was a show stopper for me!

Imagine if you wanted to compile NuttX and had to download the vendor SDK
and copy their files to inside NuttX.

Best Regards,

Alan