Yes, I read the articles. Chris's modified maincss.css file converted font sizes to ems. I wanted to try it out, but you removed it from Jira before I could download it.

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Adrian,

Did you read me ? ;o)

Actually AFAIK at this day there are *2 solutions* to fonts resize problem.

1. Todd Fahrner's : http://www.alistapart.com/stories/sizematters/ (btw this
link was in
http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/font/ a pretty complete
abstract ! ;o)
2. The one I proposed based on Pixel
Personnaly I prefer the 2d because it's smart, clear and  concise :o)

But you cant avoid font resize problem, even without using pixels...

An interesting book to read : http://www.zeldman.com/dwws/ (I only read the 1st
edition in french it's a bit verbose but there are
plenty of ideas and tricks)

Remember : accessibility  concerns 15% of persons in a way or another... Who is
not interested by 15% of market share ? And there
are more and more countries that edict law about that, for instance :
http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2007/01/new_dutch_acces.html
http://www.webstandards.org/2007/01/15/the-dutch-embrace-web-standards/

Jacques

From: "Adrian Crum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jacques,

Thank you very much for the research and links! As I mentioned in the original
email, we're not at the Jira patch stage yet. Right now I'm asking for
suggestions for CSS coding guidelines. Once those are established, THEN we will
approach the Jira patch issue.

So, based on your research another CSS coding guideline would be:

Avoid specifying font sizes in pixels. Doing so will cause resizing problems in
some browsers.

-Adrian

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

Adrian,

As promised :

Problems : IE does not allow to resize fonts formatted in pixels. This causes
problems in number of cases depending of screen
resolution, visual deficiency, etc.
http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200602/setting_font_size_in_pixels/
http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/font/ (a pretty complete
abstract !)

Facts : IE has a 80% of market share. Micro$oft does not consider the problem
above a bug (ie does not wan to fix it)

Solution :
In a first attemps I looked at
http://www.dyn-web.com/dhtml/sizefont/index.php#examples which seemed a good
solution (notes the

+ -

R blue buttons at left) but this a commercial package.
After I found this solution which seems to work well without bothering with
specific zoom tool (smart, clear, concise :o) :

Adrian would you mind create a Jira issue for this topic with your explanation
and patch and this fix ?

TIA