Jacques

De : "Anthony Enrione" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Jacques,

Thanks for the reply.

We had a look at using the eventing mechanisms in Ofbiz but found it
hard to create complex workflows, especially workflows that need to
make
decisions or persist state. We had a look at Shark and found it a
little
on the heavy side.

Just to let you know...
After having evaluated a number of workflow engines, we have decided
go with OSWorkflow. It is small. The main workflow is done in a single
Java class and it has a simple persistance interface. We found it
already has support for Ofbiz entities (perhaps this was added by the
Jira developers as they use both OSWorkflow and the Ofbiz Entity
Engine?). I have been busy integrating OSWorkflow and adding support
for
invoking Ofbiz Services. OSWorkflow makes use of Quartz to do the
scheduling but it was very easy to replace this with the Ofbiz
scheduler.
Anthony.

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Anthony,

Quick answer.

The OFBIz workflow engine is normally deprecated by the Shark
workflow
engine (which was originally built on the top of th OFBiz workflow
engine).
However I guess that there are not a lot of persons using a workflow
engine in OFBiz.
In a typical use of OFBiz (eCommerce for instance) most of the
workflow
job is currently done thru ECA mechanims (SECA for Services, EECA
for
Entities, MECA for mailing).

This is not to discourage you to use the existing workflow engines
in
OFBiz but to let you know that you will not find much support from
the
OFBiz community.

Jacques

De : "Anthony Enrione" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all,

We are using Ofbiz to build an ecommerce site and i am currently
evaluating workflow engines. I have seen that Ofbiz has it's own
workflow engine which (from the source code) looks fairly complete.
There is also support for the Ehydra Workflow engine. I have some
questions regarding the two:

What is the state of the internal workflow engine in Ofbiz? Is it

fully

functional? If not what areas need to be worked on?
Why was Ehydra chosen to replace the existing Workflow engine in

Ofbiz?

How well does it integrate with Ofbiz?
Does anybody have any experience of using either of the two
systems?
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Anthony.