Walter Vaughan wrote:
David E Jones wrote:

I think this is the only link in the OFBiz applications that points to another open source project and services company. This is kind of a dangerous precedent.

Before we kick off an official vote, any thoughts from anyone?

I think the word "dangerous" is slightly inflammatory.

In what way? Could you be more specific?

However, at the end of the day do we really want to have advertisements all over the project for add on open source modules?

I don't for one.

What we need is a well organized, highly visible place for things that attach to the project that live in the hot-deploy directory. We should be encouraging an ecosystem of plugable add-ins be they true-open, viral-open, or closed-commercial variety.

For projects/products based on OFBiz:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List

For companies offering services/etc based on OFBiz:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Service+Providers

Both of these are linked to directly from the ofbiz.apache.org home page.

This is certainly something that can be improved.

What did you have in mind that is different from this?