David E Jones wrote:
>  [snip]

Well, I have thoughts on this.  Extend javac.

Basically, add default values to parameter definitions.  Javac would
then auto-generate methods to see each default value.  Of course, this
is something that has to be done outside of ofbiz; I've compiled
openjdk, but I haven't tried to extend it at all.

I've also had the same bad taste with the delegator.  The way you have
you use 2 different methods, based on whether you use caching or not as
always struck me has poor.  I'd rather see that done as a flag/parameter
specifying whether caching should be done.

Another possibly is to use annotations to specify things.  But I haven't
given much thought to that.

And, yet another mention; I plan on adding pure sql querying to the
delegator.  So you can do things like:

delegator.findByQuery("SELECT * FROM Person")

I already have code that can parse sql(it's a jjtree grammar).  I wrote
an xslt that converts *all* entitymodel.xml to sql CREATE statements.
Then I wrote code to parse the resulting sql files, and generate correct
JDBC sql code to handling the normal ofbiz column/table mapping.  I just
haven't integrated it.  My thoughts were to have a framework/entity2,
that talked to the same back-end datastore, so one could use either variant.

Another variant might be this:

Query query = new Query("Person");
query.setSelectFields("partyId", "firstName", "lastName");
query.cacheResults(true);
query.orderBy("lastName", "firstName");
List<GenericValue> people = delegator.runQuery(query);