Looks great!

+1

David E Jones wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure I like having all of these little methods ANYWHERE, even in better organized in a special class. No matter how you slice it, trying to use 30 largely similar methods is a burden on the brain...

The idea of the parameters object or a small number of methods with more parameters would be that you wouldn't have so many methods, and you could select/use the options you want.

Anyway, please see the attached patch for my first attempt at creating a consolidated set of feature-complete methods. There are a bunch of changes, so best to focus on the new methods. The other changes are just refactoring so the old big set of methods we want to deprecate use the new methods.