Jacques is right.

The best way was already suggested by the creator of this thread. And that is to publish a tarball of a SVN workspace. Downloaders will need to install SVN, of course.

And when we have time or bandwidth, we can also publish a non-SVN version
(generated with svn export).

I think it's nice (as a new OFBiz user) to be guided or prompted to use SVN. Version control concepts are curiously sorely lacking even among many IT professionals.

Jonathon

Adam Heath wrote:
Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Not everybody use Debian

This is true; We have use for rpms, as a few of our clients host their
own hardware/software, and they use rpm-based systems.  However, we have
no experience creating rpm packages, so haven't done this.

The debian packaging itself could be used as a basis for other packaging
systems.  I've already committed all the patches I had to do to make it
work in debian.