Jacques

De : "Jacopo Cappellato" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Jonathon,

Jonathon -- Improov wrote:
Jacques is right.

The best way was already suggested by the creator of this thread. And that is to publish a tarball of a SVN workspace. Downloaders will need to install SVN, of course.

I'm not sure if the 'tarball' of a complete svn workspace (i.e. "svn checkout" instead of "svn export") is good idea, at least as the primary download file:

1) the file is bigger
2) in the past, I had some problems in extracting big files (i.e. an Opentaps tarball) containing svn folders: the process was really very slow (the number of files to extract is huge when you include svn folders); this was probably caused by a bad unzip software (or bad hardware) but we should consider this

Jacopo

And when we have time or bandwidth, we can also publish a non-SVN version (generated with svn export).

I think it's nice (as a new OFBiz user) to be guided or prompted to use SVN. Version control concepts are curiously sorely lacking even among many IT professionals.

Jonathon

Adam Heath wrote:
Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Not everybody use Debian
This is true; We have use for rpms, as a few of our clients host their
own hardware/software, and they use rpm-based systems.  However, we have
no experience creating rpm packages, so haven't done this.

The debian packaging itself could be used as a basis for other packaging
systems.  I've already committed all the patches I had to do to make it
work in debian.