I use javac 1.5.0_07 (Apple OSX build 1.5.0_07-164), but I have also seen this with 1.5.0_04 on Linux as well. The error comes from a total clean build.

Notice that in EntitySyncContext there are a number of inline UtilMisc calls which were never changed. You made a number of changes to other files, but not this one.

What JDK are you using?