I understand now, thank you for the clarification.

You would have to create your own CommonCommunicationEventDecorator decorator in your component's CommonScreens.xml file.

At first glance, it appears the CommunicationScreens.xml file should contain the CommonCommunicationEventDecorator screen. That would make the screens easier to reuse.

-Adrian

BJ Freeman wrote:

I have a controller.xml
it has the include for the partymgr in it.
I have a menu widget that calls the partmgr
I have the PartymgrDecoratorLocation in my web.xml
so I get to the find screen OK.
I have a few others in my web.xml as well.
so I can navigate.
however if you don't have these in your web.xml that is in the same
directory as the controller.xml you are using
https://localhost:8443/myapp/control/partymgr
then you get messages like this.

org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[component://party/widget/partymgr/CommunicationScreens.xml#EditCommunicationEvent]:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find screen with name
[CommonCommunicationEventDecorator] in the same file as the screen with
name [EditCommunicationEvent] (Could not find screen with name
[CommonCommunicationEventDecorator] in the same file as the screen with
name [EditCommunicationEvent])

BJ,

Do you have any specific examples of what you're describing?

-Adrian

BJ Freeman sent the following on 11/5/2007 3:59 PM:

sorry not a complete thougt
This is not a real bug.
when you included another contorller
and there is a commonscreen.xml defined in the web.xml of the calling
controller application it causes an error.
so maybe puttting the application name before commonescreens will
eliminate that.
BJ Freeman sent the following on 11/5/2007 3:55 PM:

This is not a real bug.
when you included another contorller
and it has a commonscreen.xml

another is that when the the other widget from the included controller
calls for a context that is in the web.xml of that application.
it is not found.