On Nov 24, 2007, at 9:55 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I am thinking about the implementation of this.

As I mentioned, I am strongly motivated to make each entry in
AcctgTrans/AcctgTransEntry an atomic part of the underlying reason for the enter, say an Invoice creation. If the AcctgTrans/AcctgTransEntry creation fails, the Invoice creation should be rolled back as well to the integrity
of the business is maintained.

What I'd prefer to see happen (by default anyway...) is that if the GL posting fails for some reason the triggering operation (finalizing an invoice or payment or whatever) would NOT roll back, instead the partial GL post would be places into an error journal (if that failed, then a general error resulting in rollback would be appropriate).