On Nov 24, 2007, at 11:20 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

And I learned something too.  Sync calls are part of the begin/commit
transaction and async calls are not.  Thanks for the feedback.

There is one exception to this: sync remote calls are not part of the same transaction right now, even if the remote service is configured to be called over RMI (definitely not for others like SOAP and such, and I don't think we have implemented the tx token/etc for RMI).