Chris,

I am not sure that KML and KMZ are not better ways to go. I went the
"community" route because it just seems to fit in with OFBiz's philosophy
and even Google should be  (and I think is) using open source standards in
their work. I should be able to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of
the Google vs. the Geoserver/MapBuilder approaches, but I would have to
research the KML/Z tech more, first.

The question to me answered is whether or not KML/Z are as good at accessing
Geoserver servers as the MapBuilder product. If they don't do as good a job,
then I think that developers may sometimes wish to access data that is not
served up by Google Maps and won't be able to.

The other test for KML/Z is if you can do custom rollover popups with KML/Z.
It is easy to do simple ones, but sometimes you may wish to do more
complicated ones and I am not sure about the suitability of KML/Z for that -
though I would guess it does fine.

Please don't hesitate to discuss your issues here. Adding GIS to OFBiz would
be a really cool add-on and the more people we can involve, the better.

-Al