Hi Paul,

First regarding your comment about pandoc, essentially pandoc is a set of
readers and writers. Each markup language needs a reader to convert from
and a writer to convert to. Asciidoc is missing a reader implementation. I
hope someone would implement it eventually.

Anyway I don't see a reason so far to use pandoc to publish to pdf.
Asciidoctor can publish to html, docbook, pdf and others. I like pandoc, it
is a swiss army knife kind of tool for conversion and written in haskell
(fantastic). However like a swiss army knife, it is not specialized like a
native tool designed for the job. So the time to use pandoc might be if
we're stuck or have some limitation with asciidoctor.

On Nov 9, 2017 2:28 AM, "Paul Foxworthy" <p...@cohsoft.com.au> wrote:

On 8 November 2017 at 20:33, Taher Alkhateeb <slidingfilame...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> If you check the link you sent, you will notice that asciidoc is not an
> input format in pandoc, but rather an ouput format.

Thanks Taher,

My impression was pandoc can read just about any structured input. It's
curious AsciiDoc isn't there.

So for HTML it's

AsciiDoc -- (asciidoctor) --> HTML

and for PDF it's

AsciiDoc -- (asciidoctor) --> DocBook XML -- (pandoc) --> PDF

That sound right?

Cheers

Paul

--