Hi Devanshu Vyas,

Please see inline.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OEM - The OFBiz Extensions Marketplace1
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
1 not affiliated to (and not endorsed by) the OFBiz project

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 7:33 AM, Devanshu Vyas <vyas.devansh...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you all for your thoughts on this.
>
> I really like the idea shared by Taher to create a version file using
> target and after second thought I agree that it can be a tiresome task to
> update version info manually with each release.
> But before we conclude this discussion, I would like to share another
> thought with you. I think we can add OFBiz version info in the licensing
> information we add to our files.
> I know it will be a manual task, but can be easily done with a simple Find
> & Replace.
>
> I am happy to work on the whichever implementation we decide here(hoping I
> am not stepping on anyone's toes).

Don't worry. I bet you aren't. ;)

> And my reason to raise the concern was that it is very difficult to
> identify which version of code a user is using(a real-time scenario where I
> was exposed to OFBiz code and I couldn't perform anything on it. So just by
> looking at it, I was unable to determine what version it was)

So you experienced a user being exposed to a OOTB OFBiz deployment,
deployed by your employer HotWax? Or was the user exposed to a deployment
that was also modified? In either case this is an issue related to the
Release Management process applied. And not necessarily an OFBIZ problem.