Hi James,

I'm not sure of the purpose of doing all of that? start.properties is
a file to feed into Config.java which in turn configures the startup
settings of OFBiz. The version has nothing with the startup code so it
seems like an improper place to put the property and maybe it might
confuse users.

Also, why go through all this logic? why not simply create a VERSION
file and place the version in it? Much simpler and easier if all you
need is a version reference. Unless you want to introduce some logic?