Le 30/06/2018 à 11:33, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
The issue here is that you clearly know what my position is (you
quoted it) and you decided somehow that you have lazy consensus!
When I wrote about the lazy consensus, I did not clearly remember your position.
Because in the meantime we exchanged with Scott and it was clear to me I was
right from start.
I had to look back to see your point. I understand your reaction now, sorry for
ignoring it.

Anyway, I don't see a problem in reverting to 2.1.7 as scott
suggested,
Err, I suggested that long before ago, but you and some others, including
Scott, did not agree.
I had to get deeper and deeper to convince "everybody", I must say, including
myself.

but I suggest the comment to be simply "Will not update due
to license change in newer versions" or something like that. There is
no reason to mention BIRT or anything else outside the framework.
I agree, we can remove the mention of Birt in the comment. And you are right,
better keep the comment simple and focused.
It was just as a reminder because in Birt jar they also still use 2.17 and
there is some information which tends to explain why.
But anyway this is also in this convo now and I just did the changes for
OFBIZ-10455

Chapter close, I'll not answer more on this thread.
Thank you for taking care, and thanks to Scott for initially revealing the
license issue for the itextpdf dependent lib.

still prefer testing excluding the transitive dependencies but either
solution is fine as long as we stop talking about BIRT.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 6:33 PM, Jacques Le Roux