Hi Devs,

Thanks everyone for such a valuable discussion and inputs. Before we start
on user stories I would like to share the basic plan based upon inputs on
this thread. Ideally we should have three main actors Customers, Sellers
and Marketplace Operators in system and now we can define the user stories
on the basis these actors.Here are features/workflows that we are targeting
to implement for all these three actors :

1) Marketplace For Customers:

   - Customer should be able to see different sellers selling same product
   and prices offered.
   - Customer should be able to purchase product from range of sellers.
   - Customer should be able to see all offers and promotions by sellers
   and best offer with lower price or promoted seller on marketplace should be
   on top.
   - Customer should be able to see shipping rates and return policy of the
   seller.
   - Customer can see seller profile with following information.
      - Launch date
      - Return and Warranties
      - Shipping
      - Policies
      - Rating
      - Products (Other products sale by seller)
   - Customer can purchase products from different sellers in single order.

2) Marketplace For Seller:

   - Seller profile registration.
   - Seller profile approval or listing process,
   - Seller can add other users to access account like catalog manager,
   order manager etc by permission.
   - User permission management.
   - Manage Seller Profile
   - Product Management
      - Add product new/existing.
      - Inventory management.
      - Price management for product.
      - Activate and Deactivate product listing.
      - Add promotion to products.
   - Manage Order
      - Approve
      - Cancel
   - Shipment Management
      - Ship by marketplace flow
      - Ship by seller flow
   - Inventory Mangement
      - By marketplace
      - By seller
   - Manage Return
      - Issue refund for the cancel order by customer. That means get
      shipped product back if not accepted at customer end due to some reason.
      - Receive item and issue refund amount. On receiving the item tell
      marketplace to issue refund.

3) Marketplace Operator:

   - Manage Sellers Listing Approval process.
   - Manage Global Catalog
   - Manage seller performance.
   - Marketing Campaign
   - Manage commission setup etc
   - More items needs to be identified.

Additionally we need to consider the service industry for marketplace. For
that we need to consider the payment term, product setting and other
service industry related things differently. Will come up with more
thoughts while working on user stories.

Thanks Rishi for discussion and finalising the plan. I think we are good to
proceed with user stories as per aforementioned plan.

Regards,
Ratnesh Upadhyay
HotWax Systems | www,hotwaxsystems.com