It's been a while since we worked on this, but the most important
thing to do in my opinion is the following:
1- complete the plugin API (currently written as gradle tasks) to
pull, push, and handle plugins
2- complete the work around deploying our official plugins on maven
nexus repository belonging to apache.

If anyone is willing to help, I'd love to give you an update on
everything I've done so far. But I think without having a solid plugin
API for managing plugins then adoption and a market place would be a
more challenging.