Hi Jacques,

please see inline:

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 6:52 PM Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Hi Jacopo,
>
> I still don't see what the concerns could be.
>
>  From the performance perspective: the (55 Ko!) download would be done
> only once by instance installed; and when only used instead of the manual
> procedure.

I am quoting from [*]:

"PLEASE NOTE The SVN directories under https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/
 are not to be used to link to releases on download pages or elsewhere.
Download pages must use the ASF mirror system [...]"

[*] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#distribution

>  From the legal perspective, I don't see any issues.

For the legal perspective, considering that we would distribute from svn
files that are not part of a release, this may be relevant [**]:

"Unreleased materials, in original or derived form... [...]:

   - MUST NOT be distributed through channels which encourage use by anyone
   outside the project development community.
   - MUST NOT be advertised to anyone outside of the project development
   community.
   - MAY be distributed to consenting members of a development community."

[**] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#unreleased

Jacopo