Le 03/12/2019 à 20:06, Mathieu Lirzin a écrit :
Jacques Le Roux<jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>  writes:

With OFBIZ-11302 Mathieu removed the ofbizDebug Gradle task, because "ofbiz
--debug-jvm" can be used instead.
This is now ‘gradlew "ofbiz" --debug-jvm’ with the --debug-jvm outside
of the double quotes.
g ofbiz --debug-jvm (no quotes at all) works on Windows (I use g as shortcut to
gradlew)
Yes that works with Bash too. But if you want to pass options to ofbiz
you need to add the quotes in order for the gradle template tasks to
match, like ‘gradlew "ofbiz --start" --debug-jvm’.

IMHO the fact that someone like you which is a seasoned OFBiz
contributor is getting confused by the syntax of the syntactic sugar
provided by task templates is a strong sign we should*not*  use this
kind of obscure black magic and use the standard and*documented*  ‘run’
task instead [1] which would read like the following:

     gradlew run --args="--start" --debug-jvm

gradlew run --debug-jvm works also. I'd not like to complicate too much the
syntax. For what purpose,a part maybe a theoretical one?

Also now we need to differentiate gradlew from "gradlew build" because the last run check and not the 1st. Is that well documented, I mean the difference between the 2?