Greetings to all,As I am new to your forum, just a few words to establish my
position and objectives before you consider my opinions.        *Background:*
Retired research and development engineer (mostly machinery and custom
processes - short on programing / long on mechanical)   *Objective:* Create
easier access for non-programmers/developers to OFBiz   *Premise:* While I
think the product (OFBiz) is a wonderful collaboration, its complexity and
advanced skill set places it outside of the masses to implement and
maintain.       *Opportunity:* Conceive an easy module system to create and
deploy
the product (OFBiz) while allowing the product's complex and very important
development.  Whereby placing the product within reach of more
administrators and users.       *Method:* With some simple tools, we can
leverage
the popularity and acceptance of new approaches to containers (IE docker,
Kubernetes, etc.)       *Approach:* As docker development is lengthy (mostly due
to image creation), using tools like ANSIBLE to create simple scripts for
the "assembly" of OFBiz modules.  These scripts can more easily be modified
and maintained to design, assemble, and deploy the customized images of
OFBiz.  *Create Value:* To encourage the continued development of OFBiz, a
revenue path should be considered.  While we must listen to the market and
adjust our processes accordingly, establishing clear revenue generation
should be considered when creating these products.  I want to propose the
opinion that many administrators and users will need and be willing to pay
for technical assistance with software operation, not the installation of
the software.  The skillset necessary to maintain and support the software
is very different and perhaps more easily located than the skillset required
to install and configure the software.  Also, the software's maintenance and
support offer a longer relationship and greater revenue stream from the
customer.       *Integration:* By allowing a more simple and efficient
installation, a new market can be created to integrate other applications to
OFBiz.  The container concept is powerful because it will enable many
different systems to "play nice" with each other.  For example, I have
manufacturers and who what an accounting system to integrate with their
manufacturing process.  They do not see the accounting system driving the
manufacturing process, but the manufacturing process driving the accounting
system.  By launching the OFBiz in a container, they can integrate their
current manufacturing process via a shared database.  These customers are
focused on manufacturing and its methods, not the accounting system.  This
concept could drive a more untapped niche market.       *Closing:* While I am
new
to your forum and this lengthy epistle is equivalent to posting a roast me
along with a picture from my high school days, I would like to hear your
thoughts and, or directions.

-----
John Lee
Engineering – Bright Star Controls