Functionally (and technically per current design), you can not have the
existence of a PartyRelationship record without the context of the Party
and the RoleType record (a PartyRole record) for both to and from

You are mistaken about "(a PartyRole record)".  PartyRole has nothing to do
there, RoleType and Party only.

Except if you consider createPartyRelationshipAndRole, I forgot that point. You
see others?

BTW, despite having created it, I'm now not sure createPartyRelationshipAndRole
is relevant. It's only used thrice.

I still find it convenient, but it contraries the idea of removing PartyRole
altogether. If ever we do that...