Le 26/11/2021 à 15:52, Gaetan a écrit :
Hello OFBiz community,

A few weeks ago, we made an announcement for an IDEA plugin for OFBiz.
Though we didn't get any return on it, we'd like to insist on what this may
bring to the community.
It was designed to make OFBiz development easier, mostly for junior OFBiz devs.
Seniors have their own habits for navigation towards service, entity, or file
locations, but for a junior (such as me) it can be difficult at first.
We made this as the tool I'd have liked to have when I began working with ofbiz.

For example let's see this case (from `ContentManagmentServices.java`):
```java
Map<String, Object> thisResult = dispatcher.runSync("createContent",
contentContext);
    if (ServiceUtil.isError(thisResult) || ServiceUtil.isFailure(thisResult)) {
        return ServiceUtil.returnError(UtilProperties.getMessage(resource, "ContentContentCreatingError", UtilMisc.toMap("serviceName", "persistContentAndAssoc"), locale), null, null, thisResult);
    }
```

For a junior, it might be unclear where to find the definition of the
`createContent` service.
The plugin allows you to simply `CTRL+Click` on the service name to navigate
towards the definition.
As a bonus, you can even `CTRL+Click`the name of the label and navigate to the
property definition.
The same goes for entity name (and we plan to add a quick doc popup for fields
contained in the entity definition).

We really think this has the potential to soften the framework's first
impression of complexity that some people might feel.
Knowing that a tool exists to help you build with OFBiz could help a lot.

The idea is to get feedback of the interest for the community and to eventually
contribute it into Apache OFBiz repository.

Is there a place to find OFBiz related tools, or should we let it in Github as
it is (https://github.com/Nereide-lab/idea-ofbiz-plugin)?

Gaetan,
OFBiz junior dev and enthusiast.

Hi Gaetan,

It sounds like a great improvement for InteliJ users. Notably, as you mention,
new comers.

There is an official tools repository*. It could be the place to put this new
tool to allow easy download, maybe not the best place though.

But I think more should be done. It should be advertised using the usual tools:
blog, tweeter, maybe a Youtube demo, etc. (see the official site**)
I ever think that a dedicated page on the site should be created, or maybe a
subpage of community, a word in the FAQ, etc.

This said I'm an Eclipse old timer and I can't give any feedback on the tool
itself ;)

* https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ofbiz-tools.git and related
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-tools
** https://ofbiz.apache.org/