Hi Jacques,

Will you be committing your fix/workaround under OFBIZ-12726?

If this change goes in to the code perhaps we should consider it a stop-gap
to unblock moving OFBiz to JDK 17 as it seems to go again the spirit of
strong encapsulation described in the migration guide you linked to: Migrating
>From JDK 8 to Later JDK Releases (oracle.com)
<https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/17/migrate/migrating-jdk-8-later-jdk-releases.html#GUID-7BB28E4D-99B3-4078-BDC4-FC24180CE82B>.
I do support the workaround though as otherwise our option is to remain on
older JDKs for the time being.

We should probably have an aim to remove the workaround in a future
release to try and bring ofbiz into compliance with JDK encapsulation - but
this could be a 'back burner' task.

Dan.

--
Daniel Watford