I beg to differ with you.
where is
                <decorator-screen
name="CommonCommunicationEventDecorator"
location="${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation}">

defined
where is
                <decorator-screen name="main-decorator"
location="${parameters.mainDecoratorLocation}">
in the CommonPartyDecorator defined.

Adrian Crum sent the following on 12/17/2007 1:03 PM:
> ListPartyCommEvents request maps to ListPartyCommEvents view, that maps
> component://party/widget/partymgr/CommunicationScreens.xml#ListPartyCommEvents.
>

> The ListPartyCommEvents screen in CommunicationScreens.xml doesn't
> contain anything specific to the Party Manager's web.xml file. I don't
> see what the problem is.
>
> Maybe you should include an exact error message.
>
> -Adrian
>
> BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> I have a menu, no screens, that calls ListPartyCommEvents
>> this goes to the party controller to resolve.
>> the party controller uses it view for ListPartyCommEvents
>> It can not read the party web.xml so will error even with your changes.
>>
>> so lets say i put in a mainDecoratorLocation in my web xml and define it
>> like the one in the party commonscreens.xml
>>
>> so far so good.
>>
>> Now I call a screen in say Product. except the mainDecoratorLocation for
>> it has a different main-decorator. so all the requirements are not
>> defined in the party main-Decorator I have ported over.
>>
>> we still have a problem since all the apps main-decorators are not the
>> same.
>>
>> now if the main-decorators were all the same then I could use one
>> location in any of the apps and everything would be ok
>>

>> Adrian Crum sent the following on 12/17/2007 12:40 PM:
>>
>>> 1. Move the CommonCommunicationEventDecorator screen to the
>>> communicationsscreens.xml file.