short answer is I can
but that still would not solve the problem.
take the party main-decorator

                <set field="layoutSettings.javaScripts[]"
value="/partymgr/static/partymgr.js" global="true"/>
                <set field="layoutSettings.styleSheets[]"
value="/partymgr/static/partymgr.css" global="true"/>
                <set field="activeApp" value="partymgr" global="true"/>
                <set field="appheaderTemplate"
value="component://party/webapp/partymgr/includes/appheader.ftl"
global="true"/>

not these can not be the same ones if I am calling the product
main-decorator
                <set field="activeApp" value="catalogmgr" global="true"/>
                <set field="appheaderTemplate"
value="component://product/webapp/catalog/includes/appheader.ftl"
global="true"/>

Scott Gray sent the following on 12/17/2007 1:27 PM: