Jacques

From: "RolandH" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hi Jacques,

why not a new entity, which can be connected to PostalAddress and maybe in the
future others?
Another questions comes to mind here: more than one Entity may be at the same
LatLong point.
And you're able to save additional data inside the new entity:
datasource (may be intersting when using more than one geocoder: google, yahoo)
valid from/until

just another 2 cents,
Roland

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Hi Rob,

I tested with some commercial addresses I will need to locate (here in France) : results are not good enough... Morevover the company I will do that for is already using (lat., long.). So I will really need them. So my question to the community remains : PostalAddress or extend-entity ?

Thanks

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Thanks Rob,

This is an interesting information, I'm just discovering Google Map API and
related...

Jacques

From: "Rob Schapper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Jacques,

Wouldn't it make more sense to use the google geocode methods to get the lat/long from an address rather then store that info in ofbiz?

Rob