Sorry for writing again on this.
But I see a loopwhole in this.

Suppose you are creating new maincss.css file.
Someone has downloaded your file and kept your file in images directory and
removes the old one.
Now if user take update of Ofbiz on regular basis or we can say after
certain duration of time.
And if someone introduce a new class in Stylesheet file and uses it
extensively in some section so in this
case your file(maincss.css created by you) might not be having those new
classes entries.
So the layout will not be consistent.

What do you think about it Bruno ?

--