I have been wondering that too.

Putting form widget XML files in the webapp folder is a practice started in the JPublish days. Then the widget folder was added to the components. Since then there has been no clear direction on where to put form widget XML files.

My preference would be to keep all widget XML files in the widget folder.

-Adrian

Bruno Busco wrote:
Hi devs,
sometime _WebAppName_Forms.xml are in widgets folder, some other they are
located in webapp/_webappname_ folder.
In the content application there are BOTH widgets/ContentForms.xml AND
webapp/content/ContentForms.xml.
This caused my modifications to webapp/content/ContentForms.xml to have no
effetct.

Which one of the two instances should I remove?

Many thanks,
-Bruno