David Jones wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:20:07 -0700, Adrian Crum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
David Jones wrote:
It's tempting to even start moving the data prep scripts into the
component/scripts directory instead of the WEB-INF/actions directory, but
we haven't gone that far yet. I imagine FTL files used for web pages will
always go under the webapp directory.
What about putting FTL files in component/templates?

Do you mean for web pages? That I would disagree with. People working on web
applications are too used to seeing those things there and I don't think we
gain anything by moving those out of the webapps (especially since we have to
have the webapps either way).

For other types of templates (email, export files, etc), that is the
recommended practice.

Okay, using your suggestions so far...

scripts are kept in component/scripts
widgets are kept in component/widgets
templates are kept in component/webapp

So, people working on web applications can understand how the first two folders are used, but they wouldn't understand how a component/templates folder is used?