Our family manufactured autopilots for fishing boats.
My dad authored the NMEA 0183 standard, in the 80's, to connect ranger
receivers to the pilot. GPS was a big step from those days. :)
Realtime DGPS is even better.
so yes we are progressing.
:D

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 8/13/2008 12:58 PM: