Hello Hans, Jacopo

I am not familiar with Ofbiz accounting rules yet, but from what I
understood I would have to agree with Jacopo in that an invoice (document)
shouldn't have to be converted to a different currency in order for a
payment in that currency to be applied to.

>From previous knowledge I can tell you, it is a general practice in ERP
systems that the base currency is pretty much tied to an initial setup or
accounting schema, it doesn't depend on a specific party's currency or
anything else, rather an accounting gain/loss transaction should be set up
in order to keep track of such payments when the currencies are different
from the original document.

Regards,

-Enrique Ruibal