Thanks Jacopo,

I think I will make a FAQ for that...

Jacques

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Sep 30, 2008, at 5:28 AM, Hans Bakker wrote:

Hi Jacopo,

the point below is very important, does it mean the ledger posting is
checking the company base currency against the invoices and payments and
convert where required?

Yes,

the "company base currency" is set in the PartyAccountingPref (sorry, I don't remember the name exactly) and you have to enter a record in the CurrencyUomDated entity. If this information is available then you'll notice that the AcctgTransEntry will have two different amounts in the fields:
amount/currencyUomId
and
origAmount/origCurrencyUomId

You can also test it creating a manual transaction.

Hope it helps,

Jacopo

On the payment we have the payment amount/currency fields for both the
incoming and original payment of which we can extract the exchange rate
used.

In this case no conversion of any document is required, no entry in the
exchange table is required and we keep all amounts in the ledger
obviously in the companies base currency....

let me know if i am right on this.

Regards,
Hans