Short answer trunk is not stable. That is when you are only doing bug
fixes not adding new features. Some new Features are being added in
sections.
1) can't mix and match 4.0 and trunk. 4.0 uses 1.42 trunk uses 1.5+
2) You can go over the commit ML and get each commit to see what is
changed. Yes the committers are suppose to check each change. However
with the size of ofbiz, that usually is focused, on the area the patch
effects, not all of ofbiz.
Some committers seem to add code then do testing.
when you find a bug test on the demo server, if you can replicate it
there put in a jira.
http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html

Ritesh Trivedi sent the following on 10/27/2008 7:25 PM: