Several times now I have seen statement that non Apache-products can't or
shouldn't be used because they gpl or hpl (even worse as somebody
mentioned). That sounds like 'we don't want it, because we (as in ASF
commiters) didn't invent it.

In my humble opinion this is not kosher. If a good product is out there and
it has an open source licence, it can be used. The only thing required is a
set of instructions how to use and/or include it in a user own installation
of OFBiz.

Regards,

Pierre.