Is ECA same as EDA? I feel ECAs in OFBiz are more like interceptors/triggers where are EDA is all together a different architecture pattern. This is a good document explain EDA:

http://www.eaipatterns.com/docs/EDA.pdf

Thanks,

Raj

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
I think, as a marketing effort, we should put 2-3 sentences about SOA (Service Oriented
Architecture) and EDA (Event Driven Architecture) OFBiz's features on main site, in
"Introduction: What is Apache OFBiz?" section for instance.
Buzz words (acronyms nowadays) can't hurt if we want more recognition. And it's
easier to be understood by using SOA acronym than Service Engine and especially
EDA instead of ECA. Of course a sentence explaining quickly both concepts is
needed.

Any takers ? (several would be better...)