Are there any volunteers on the PMC who would be willing to work with the ASF infra on getting a demo server setup on an actual ASF server? As great as it is to have this demo server contributed by Hotwax (and yes, I am a part of Hotwax), the people that do infra stuff at Hotwax don't always follow these mailing lists so reporting problems here does no good. At least with ASF infra people would have someone the infra Jira and such to use when issues arise. I could try to ping those people every time I see something on the lists, but that means a single point of failure (me), which is a bad thing, and I end up being a nag and having to get involved and investigate every time something goes wrong, which I'm not really all that available for (I won't go into details, but just believe me when I say that I don't have much influence on those things).

On the other hand, maybe hosting a demo server like this would be too much of a pain for the current ASF infra volunteers (who tend to get stretched rather thin sometimes). So, I don't know what the best solution is...

This is one of various things that are not on ASF infra, and that we need volunteers to help with migrating. To make things more difficult, in order to even help you must be pretty involved with the project, most things requiring PMC membership to get going. These have been on my list for a while (see the last OFBiz board report for details), but that list is pretty big and priorities difficult for me to decide on...

Help! I'm drowning! ;)

-David